Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Quest for Shoes: Glass or Cellophane?

Considering that brides often reference princesses when it comes to their wedding day look, you would think there would be better shoes out there. I mean, Cinderella wouldn't be Cinderella without the right shoes. Imagine Cinderella in shoes made out of cellophane and duct tape. Hell no!



I know the shoes don't really matter. When do you ever leave a wedding and say, "Wow, the bride's shoes sure were something!" But they do need to be comfortable and at least a little pretty. I am going to wear the prettiest dress I've ever had, so I want to respect the dress enough to find the right shoes.

I was advised against even attempting flats; one friend told me she loved the idea of ballet flats until she saw herself in the mirror. "I looked stumpy," she claims. Not the look anyone is going for, especially on her wedding day.

I sent away for three pairs of shoes. None of them are glass slippers, but none are made out of cellophane either. Keep your fingers crossed that one pair is worthy of my wedding dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment