Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Ridiculousness of Getting Pretty

I received those three pairs of shoes. Two were gross, so they got returned. One pair I liked, but they were too big, so I exchanged them for a smaller size.

I got the shoes in the smaller size, now I'm paranoid they're going to be too small after a whole day on my feet and dancing with my prince. (Yes, Matt, I do expect you to dance!)

So, in a truly bridal moment, I doubted my judgement in the first place so I sent away AGAIN for the original shoes that I returned. By my first dress fitting this Saturday, I will have the shoes in both sizes.

Matt just rents his shoes.

For the beauty apppointments on October 24, the hair and makeup circus starts at 8:30 a.m. May I point out how EARLY that is when I will surely have just tossed and turned all night? My wedding isn't until 3 in the afternoon, but the salon, makeup artist, and photographer all seem to think 7.5 hours is a normal amount of lead time on beautifying ourselves. Seven hours to make us presentable. Seven!

Matt just showers and shaves.

You know, sometimes I love the whole silliness of being a girl -- hair products, nail polish, mascara, eye cream -- but I will be a bit jealous of Matt on the big day. His beauty process will set him back about $2 (if I round up) and will take maybe an hour if he REALLY takes his time. My beauty process? More than $300 and seven hours! I'm serious!

I better look damn good. And my shoes better fit!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget he has to brush his hair too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally laughing -- i had the same shoe issue (i ordered mine from 6pm.com, just sent back the 3 pairs that sucked). as for the hair/make-up, i agree-7 hours seems ridiculous! i'm teaching a yoga class that morning at 11am, lunch at 12:30, pre-wedding photos as 3pm, and i'm worrying if i'll have enough time to get ready?? seriously?! when do i EVER need 3+ hours to shower and put on a dress?? oh, the wedding drama. keep the posts coming, love it!

    ReplyDelete