Friday, September 25, 2009

Playing Musical Chairs

We have received the majority of the RSVPs, which is so exciting! My mom loved getting them in the mail. After we harass our beloved friends and family who didn't RSVP on time (why does this always happen?), the next daunting task will be . . .

THE DREADED SEATING CHART!

You know, when I've gone to weddings, I just grab my little table tent card with my table assignment and I go sit there. Done.

I now realize that what goes into that little table tent is one of the big un-sung tasks of wedding planning.

People can look at flowers and say, "pretty!" They can taste the scallop wrapped in bacon and say "yummy!" But no one looks at the table of seat assignments and sighs, "wow, so much work went into this. How lovely of the hosts to put all this time into deciding where to seat all of these people!"

Nope, they do what I do: keep a cocktail in one hand and put the table tent in the other hand, and go find the ladies' room.

3 comments:

  1. or you can try our method -- we shuffled all of our guests up, mixed families, split husbands and wives, and are hoping good old fashion human conversation will be stimulating and actually encourage people to get to know one another! good luck, and as jon found out, having cocktails while you plan the seating chart makes it much less painful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got scallop wrapped in bacon at the wedding? Cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen's mom says: I think we will have a lot of fun and laughs doing the seating chart. (I almost wrote "eating chart" hmmmmm!) Perhaps a few glasses of wine (beer for Matt) will help the decision-making process! Not responsible for strange match-ups, then.....

    ReplyDelete