Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Undercover Accountant

Four weeks before our wedding day, Matt and I went with my mom to the florist to go over the details and check out a sample centerpiece. I get such a kick out of this guy! I want to ask him to go for a beer with me.

The rule that my mom has given me is that I have to chill out (code for shut up) and go along with the flowers and stop worrying about what they cost. She said she knows the budget and will (more or less) stick to it. Apparently she told Mr. Florist about this arrangement too.

At one point during the meeting, I was getting antsy. You see, I've gotten sucked in to the idea of these beautiful flowers and I actually wanted to ADD flowers. (This from the girl who didn't want much of any!) More corsages, some wreaths for the church doors, garland on a banister, why not! How delicious, this Wedding Kool-Aid!

However, getting nervous because I have no idea if we're within or over budget, I say to Mr. Florist, "Just let me take a quick look at the prices. I promise I won't add them up."

You know what he says to me?

"The hell you won't add them up! What are you, an accountant?"

Damn, he's good. (Little does he know though that I'm as close to being an accountant as I am to buying a designer wedding gown.)

Mom and Matt both laughed. I never got to see the prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment