Monday, February 9, 2009

Tied Up in The Knot

I was looking at a message board on The Knot the other day (don't make fun), and can I just say again what aliens these women seem like to me? Not only do they speak in codes, but their whole identity is GETTING MARRIED. Guess what? Getting married takes like an hour. Can you imagine your identity being something that takes an hour? OK, actually, let's say these people are obsessed with something that take a whole day - ceremony + reception. What other things could their identities be?

  • Painting a bathroom
  • Completing a big jigsaw puzzle
  • Shopping for a mattress
  • Hosting a garage sale
  • Driving to Pittsburgh
      • I mean, really people, get a grip. Yes, the wedding day is way more fun and memorable than hosting a garage sale, but both take up the same same percentage of time in the grand scheme of your life. (I'm just talking the wedding day, not all the planning too!)

        What also makes these people on The Knot weird are these signature things they have. They have these cheesy counters, like "479 Days Until We Promise Forever." I kid you not! My two favorites are below.

        The first of a slider showing the timeline until her wedding and a slider of the woman's weight loss success (or I guess failure). Do we need to broadcast how stereotypical we are to lose weight for our weddings (yes, I'm included in this, but I don't have a widget to prove it).



        The other is a timeline counting down the woman's first anniversary! In other words, this woman's ALREADY MARRIED and still hanging around on The Knot! The wedding's over, sister. Get off the computer and go pay attention to your husband (he's the one who wore the tux and stood next to you for the vows).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment