Thursday, September 11, 2008

I am selling Facebook wedding applications!

My friend Su works on Wall Street, so she likes to describe liking or disliking things in terms of the market: she's a "buyer" of the original 90210 (so she likes it), and she's a "seller" of camping (so she doesn't like it).

Today I'd like to use her term and say that I'm a seller of wedding applications in Facebook.

Protect my wedding portfolio and make sure I never become a buyer of wedding applications! Reneging on this one would be like me deciding I need a Vera Wang wedding gown -- a downright breach of my character. (Next thing you know I'll want those "Just Married" flip-flops.)

What do those applications do besides remind at least 200 of your Facebook friends that they are not invited to your wedding? It gives Facebook the green light to hand over your profile info to wedding vendors (see "people who want to rip me off") so they can further inundate you with ads!

If I add a wedding application to my profile, I'm not just drunk on wedding Kool-Aid, I am full blown addicted and need rehab pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment