Monday, September 8, 2008

"Is THAT a wedding dress?"

On Saturday, Matt came with me to Stamford Bridal Suite so I could show him three dresses I liked for my reception dress. (I'm hoping/planning to do the Hollywood thing and change dresses!) My ceremony dress is pretty straight and a little serious, so I want my reception dress to be the opposite -- fun and a bit poofy! (Think the kind of dress that a little girl wears and spins around in it.)

First of all, Matt and I were bucking tradition just by Matt being IN the bridal shop. (Matt is fine with knowing what I'm wearing for the reception, but we both want the ceremony dress to be a surprise.) I came out in dress #1 and kind of bounced around grinning and showing off for him. Meanwhile, another bride-to-be and small army of bridesmaids-to-be were there, trying on dresses. Apparently, the bride-to-be mouthed to her army, "Is THAT a wedding dress?"

Matt, being the prince that he is, swooped in and explained, that yes, yes it was. It would be my reception dress and I had a different one for the ceremony. Suddenly the army changed their tunes, and were all, "oh! what a great idea! I never would've thought of that!"

Ha ha!

But, if I may point out, by the very definition, I'll be a bride, so whatever I'm wearing is indeed bridal. So if I want to get hitched in my favorite sweatshirt, then yes, THAT is a wedding sweatshirt! (Don't worry, Mom, I'm not really going to wear a sweatshirt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment