Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty

Big news!

I went shopping yesterday with my mom, sister, and friend, and we found THE dress! I won't do a costume change for the reception because I think I'm going to want every last minute wearing this beautiful dress. Clearly, I have lapped up some Wedding Kool-Aid this weekend!

I was a little freaked out about the shopping . . . putting aside trying to wrap my mind around blowing hundreds of dollars on a dress I'll only wear once, there were other things to worry about. For one thing, for me, I rarely get too worked up about wedding dresses. Sure, they're pretty, but whatever. I get more excited about a pretty wool coat. What makes wedding dress shopping different from buying a coat is that there are others to please than just me. What if I I liked a dress, but my mom didn't like it? What if my mom liked Dress A and my sister liked Dress B, but I secretly liked Dress C? And, most importantly, I wanted a dress that not just I would like, but I wanted Matt to love it too!

When we got to the store, the salesperson seemed to think I would need help dressing. Luckily I've been dressing myself for about 26 years, so I could tell her no thanks, I know how to put on a dress myself!

I had to take some deep breaths and started to sweat a little. Holy crap, I was trying on wedding dresses!!

Of the first four dresses, we actually liked three of them. I tried on probably 10 or 15 dresses, and ultimately game back to the first few. (At a point, a different salesperson came into my dressing room, expecting to dress me, and asked her to hit the road too.) I had a few moments of shock/pain/incredulousness when looked at pricetags, but everyone kept telling me to just stopping looking at the pricetags!

Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that the dress that my three spectators liked was the best.

This is a pretty much snark-free entry. Wedding dress shopping wasn't as scary as I expected. It was actually . . . fun. I cannot wait to wear my dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment